viral outbreak such as COVID-19. While there is currently no foreseen impact to the operation of our s
Fixus Technologies has in place a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that includes a scenario for the potential effects of a viral outbreak such as COVID-19. While there is currently no foreseen impact to the operation of our services, we wanted to provide some detail regarding our preparedness should the situation change.
Specific to COVID-19, this communication outlines the key preparedness activities we have undertaken to ensure continued service delivery should the outbreak escalate.
The three key areas of focus during any situation that challenges normal operations are:
A) Impact to Systems – does the event have a potential impact on the systems used to deliver and support the Fixus product?
B) Impact to Location – are the locations from which we deliver, and support service effected and what is our response?
C) Impact to People – are we prepared should there be impact to the individuals responsible for delivering service to our customers?
The following provides the high-level response of the efforts in each of the key areas:
A) Impact to Systems – first and foremost, there are no known impacts to the services provided by Fixus Technologies. We are however in a state of heightened awareness focused in the following areas:
– Supporting Systems – The Fixus products are hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud hosting platform. We see no effect to our ability to manage the systems used to support Fixus and, have a continuity plan that allows staff to work remotely if required.
– External Systems – We have completed a full review of all external systems that support the operation of the Fixus products. No impacting issues have been identified.
B) Impact to Location – our services are designed for remote administration; in the case where our staff are forced to work remotely:
– Each staff member can securely administer the services without direct access to the main office location.
– Technology is in place to enable seamless communication between members of the Fixus team, suppliers and customers.
C) Impact to People – we have the capability of ensuring continued operations. The Fixus team has been briefed in detail on the COVID-19 virus, its potential impact and the possible implications for the team:
– Knowledge of all key support activities are shared across the team. – Should individuals fall ill a planned degradation of services will focus on maintaining an operational service and customer support as a priority.
– Staff responsible for managing the service all have access to needed resources allowing them to work remotely